Acne treatments using advanced light-based technology. Dynamic Pulse Control
(DPC) is safe and effective for treating mild and moderate inflammatory acne.
The light energy destroys the bacteria that causes the acne and enhances the
healing process by increasing blood flow to the skin.
Acne doesn’t have to be part of your life anymore. You can easily restore your skin to its natural beauty using a quick and simple drug-free method. Say goodbye to creams and medications, and hello to soft and smooth skin that you will absolutely love. Acne is one of the most common skin concerns and affects almost 80% of individuals aged 11-30. It can be caused by a variety of factors such as hormonal imbalance, stress, or environmental factors such as air pollution.
Dynamic Pulse Control (DPC) is a light-based technology that has been clinically proven to effectively treat mild to moderate acne. DPC uses three effective, safe, and reliable clinical mechanisms: Visible Blue light absorption to destroy the bacteria, Yellow light to coagulate the feeding blood vessels and Infrared light to dry the lesions. Clients enjoy the benefits of a painless treatment where results are achieved quickly without any side effects.
Full Face $90
Q. What does the treatment feel like?
A. The treatment is comfortable. During the treatment you may feel a warm sensation that causes no discomfort.
Q. When will I see results?
A. You will see visible results within 4 weeks of treatment, noticing reduction of swelling and redness surrounding the acneic lesions.
Q.Is the treatment safe?
A. The treatment is safe, and clinical trials as well as extensive clinical experience have validated its safety and effectiveness.
Q. How long does the treatment take?
A. The procedure can be performed in as little as 10 minutes or less, depending on the size of the treatment area.
Q. How quickly will I recover?
A. There is no downtime and you will be able to resume your regular activities immediately following the treatment.
Q. Are there any side effects?
A. You might experience temporary redness in the treatment area, which should subside within a few hours.
Q. How many treatments are required?
A. The typical regimen is 8-12 short treatment sessions over a period of one month to reduce papules and pustules by 60-70%
Q. What are the advantages of SharpLight’s treatment?
A. Treated patients experience shorter disease duration and reduced psychological stress, as well as reduced likelihood for acne lesions to leave permanent scars.
Q.Why is SharpLight’s treatment preferable to topical medications?
A. Topical acne medications tend to irritate the skin and more than 40% of acne bacteria are insensitive to oral antibiotics. Most topical treatments produce minor to severe side effects, they tend to get costly for refills, and usually require 3-4 months of non-stop application.
• Non-invasive and safe treatments
• Results are achieved quickly and they are long lasting
• Eliminates side effects associated with topical medications
• Zero downtime
• Effective on all skin types
• Discontinue Accutane 6 months prior to treatment
• Discontinue use of Retinoic Acid products two weeks prior to treatment
• Avoid sun exposure or the use of tanning beds and self-tanners for at least four to eight weeks (depending on the skin type), prior and/or between IPL treatments
• Report all skin diseases, viruses, infections, cold sores, eczema or allergies
• Do not exfoliate, use glycolic acid, benzyl peroxide or any other skin irritants two weeks prior to treatment
• Avoid Microdermabrasion’s or peels for two weeks prior to treatment
• If the skin is red, irritated or sunburned, the IPL treatment must be rescheduled
• Report all medication taken within the week of the treatment
Avoid direct sunlight, tanning beds or self-tanners for at least 2 weeks after a treatment. Apply Sun Protective Cream of SPF 50+, 15 minutes prior to sun exposure and 15 minutes afterwards. Keep reapplying as needed throughout the day. Consider using protective cotton gloves for driving, a hat to protect facial areas.
• If there are scabs or blisters, make-up should not be used for 3-4 days
• For at least two weeks post acne treatment, do not use harsh topical (exfoliators, glycolic acid, benzyl peroxide, acne creams etc.)
• Avoid touching, rubbing, peeling or picking of the skin as this may cause hyper/hypo - pigmentation or scarring
• Gently apply pure Aloe Vera gel or antibiotic ointment to the treated area twice daily until healed and dry
• For 1 week, avoid hot baths, showers, hot tubs and saunas, When showering and washing, gently pat dry and do not rub
• Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 following clinical treatment.
Always additionally recommend:
• To avoid Sun exposure for 4 - 8 weeks prior to IPL
• To always be wearing sun protection
• To avoid any 48 hours prior to, or 48 hours after IPL treatments (no cooking, dishes, vigorous cleaning, etc.)
• Avoid strenuous exercise or any activity which will cause sweating or excessive heat to the skin
• Avoid saunas/hot tubs before and after treatments
• Avoid make up, antiperspirants or any topical creams which may not allow for the skin to properly breath, 24 hours post treatments
• Always encourage Clients to keep us informed on any changes to their medical history forms, or any new medications they may be taking
*Treatment of mild to moderate acne